Selling a Home
Home Selling Guide
Deciding to sell your home can be one of the biggest decisions you will ever have to make. Below is a guide to help make the entire process as easy and as profitable as possible.
- Contact a Better Living Realty LLC agent to discuss the home selling process. ( Value, preparation, time frames, etc )
- Start early. Remove or pack items that you will not be using for the next few months. The less clutter the better your house will show. (Host a yard sale, give items away or donate)
- Touch up paint, mow lawn, clean house from top to bottom. ( Scrub showers, toilets, even appliances)
- Repair broken items. (Leaking faucets, clogged drains, broken gutters, running toilets, etc)
- Review disclosures for home. Sellers are obligated to disclose any known problems. Any questions contact an attorney.
- Discuss what items will stay with the home. ( Appliances, patio sets, blinds, etc)
- Review the market analysis provided by your Better Living Realty agent. Discuss the price you will list your home for.
- Stage house for showings and open houses.
- Aromas such as fresh brewed coffee or baked items before a showing.
- Fresh towels and new bars of soap in bathrooms
- Beautiful flowers staged around the house
- Declutter kitchen counter-tops and refrigerator ( remove all magnets, pictures)
- In winter keep house warm and in summer keep house cool.
- If your in the market to buy a home. Speak with your Better Living agent and start looking at some potential homes. When your home is under contract you can make your offer on the home of your choice.